Contact Information:

jay@vanishingtowerpress.com

Tuesday, June 7

Western USR now in Hardback POD

Just got the proof in last night and I approve! The hardcover edition of Western USR. Pop on over to Drivethru and order yours today. 

This is the first hardback publication from the press and I can see why this digest sized format is popular. The same size LotFP has ridden for continued success. It lays flat at the table and compact size make it a breeze to travel with. The durable hardcover will make this indie print last forever on the game shelf, I imagine. Well, I don't need to imagine because I can look at my hardbacks currently on my game shelf. Monoliths of stone I tell you.

As with any USR game the rules are dead simple, but offer a granularity of results and uses only seen in bigger games. Character creation takes literally 5, 10 tops. The gun play is deadly, and splattering gore is encouraged. There is the introduction of a Speed attribute, all important on the day of your main street shoot-out. 

Decent equipment list for all your western sundries, straightforward weapons tables and a combat system. while simple, allows all the flexibility a game needs to provide opportunities for cinematic action. $15.58 at Drivethru, shipping has been 3 weeks for me from Drivethru. It has reached copper status already with no marketing what so ever, great. It will be a while before I release any supporting adventures, but if you want a set of Western rules you can pick up and go... can't go wrong with Western USR.

Oh. yeah, I totally nailed getting text on the spine. Perfectly located. You don't have much room vertically with a 34 page book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lay it on the Line