Contact Information:

jay@vanishingtowerpress.com

Thursday, March 3

Ascendent Review

[ADDENDUM] Ascendent plagiarizes a shit ton of content from write-ups dot org. So no attribution to the source material for this glorified heap built on past accomplishments.

  I have recently digested my pdf copy of the new superhero game Ascendent and here is my take;

The game is a rehash of TSR's Marvel Superheroes and Mayfair's MEGS system for DC Heroes which came out in the 80's. Somehow the authors of Ascendent have taken two of the greatest supers systems and mashed them into a horrible parody of what made each system unique and playable. Even the horrible art in The Blood of Heroes has more imaginative life than the generic line art in the book. The layout feels Champions 5e which to me is pretty lifeless. Give me my heavily highlighted, badly taped together, pages falling out BoH and the MEGS game system it contains any day over this.

 





1 comment:

  1. It certainly seems to be a game with a lot of baggage all of it bad.

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on the Line